ProfessionalsWho can referReferral pathwayWaiting timesAssessments and therapiesService evaluationPublicationsAdvocacyContractual informationFeedback from youMusic therapy at the Croft
Frequent reasons for referral
- Assessment of children with complex presentations, e.g. co-morbid physical disorders, complex psychosocial situations etc., where outpatient assessment has proved inconclusive or additional information is required.
- Children requiring specialised treatments under close observation, e.g. medication or behavioural modification.
- Children requiring assessment or treatment away from the home environment, e.g. psychosomatic disorders.
- Children with severe mental health problems associated with significant risk ro where their illness is signficantly affecting their development eg children with eating disorders who are physically compromised, or children with depression leading to social withdrawal and lack of access to education.
- Children who need intensive mental health support for rehabilitation
- Assessment of parenting capacity for parents with mental illness.
In addition we have developed special expertise in the assessment of pervasive developmental disorders (Autism and Asperger Syndrome) and we receive referrals from around the Eastern Region for assessment of children where this is a possible diagnosis.
We are always happy to discuss potential referrals on a case by case basis (see How to Refer).